Thank you to everyone who submitted supported and attended the inaugural Ibiza Music Video Festival. We honestly couldn’t have done it without all of your help and talented input!
The Ibiza Music Video Festival 2013 set out to celebrate the craft of the Music Video, by exploring production in all it’s entirety. With its three informative ‘Academy Sessions’ during the day, hosted by Rushes’ own Thom Trigger and driven by some of the industry’s most talented – everyone surely went away feeling inspired and excited to pick up a camera and start shooting.
Each of the Panelists provided insight into their specific field and craft from pre-production, production and post-production; showing examples of their work (sometimes exclusive music videos); delighting the delegates with their insightful and fascinating stories and offering up tips and practical advice on shaping and sustaining a career within the ‘music industry’.
The evening’s events began with pre-ceremony drinks next to the idyllic beach surroundings. Followed by an intimate Award Ceremony hosted by the islands very own Radio Sonica Presenter Mitch Clark and DJ Daisy Heartbreaker. This was our chance to reward all the creative and innovative music video submissions, from both established names and aspiring filmmakers alike. DJ Sister Bliss from Faithless finished the night off with an unforgettable DJ set
Meet the 2013 Panelists…
Thom Trigger- Deeply knowledgeable about all things ‘short’, Thom has extensive experience in production, working on every medium, from micro- budget shorts to Harry Potter. Thom is also PR & Marketing Manager for Rushes. He has helped produce various festivals including the Rushes Soho Shorts Film Festival in 2010 and the London Short film Festival 2010-2011.
- Andy Gulliman– Broadcast Director for the Saatchi & Saatchi group of companies and behind multi-award winning campaigns such as Levi’s ‘Twist’ and X-box launch films ‘Mosquitto’ and ‘Champagne.’
- Ross Anderson – A former video commissioner, now CEO of his own production company Nice & Polite, and behind the award-winning music videos by Snow Patrol, Kaiser Chiefs and Take That, as well as many others; and
- Jay Smith- Jay is a Music Editor for MTV UK. He has a strong commercial radio background as Head of Music for the Capital and Galaxy radio networks and experience of working for major and independent record companies.
- Ben Sullivan – Producer of TV commercials, music videos and Grammy Award winner for Best Music Video as produced of Rhianna’s ‘We Found Love’.
- Ashley Pugh– Ashley’s team at The Bigfoot Project have been responsible for over 200 music videos, commercials, and TV documentaries. Ashley has won the best producer CAD award in 2004 for his production work, and picked up a number of IVCA awards for productions on spots for Chrysler, British Airways and short film Going Over.
- Jacques Steyne- Steyne has produced award winning feature films, documentaries and commercials. He won the German Oscar (Deustsche Filmpreis) for his photography on the feature film Out of Order, and has worked on several music videos in Germany and France, notably Prince’s America.
- Dennis Madden- Dennis is a director and director of photography who has worked with a number of artists including Kanye West and Hudson, Sugababes, Basement Jaxx and The Fratellis.
- Ayalah Bentovim ‘Sister Bliss’- As one of the founding members of ‘Faithless’, Sister Bliss has become one of Britain’s most popular figures in the Electronica scene. With her proclaimed DJ sets and 15-year career as the musical drive behind Faithless, what many might not realise is her history as a musician and DJ before that point
- Lisa Gunning – Film editor who made her directing debut with the promo for Goldfrapp’s Drew, the first of five-series of films to accompany the Tales of Us album.
- Tom Russell- Tom is a senior colourist at Prime Focus Group London, and one of London’s most experienced colourists. For over 25 years, Tom has graded hundreds of music videos and over 50 full-length features. Tom has worked with the likes of Kanye West and Take That.
- Andrew Daffy- Andrew is a director, with an expansive career in VFX for the post-production industry. He started working at Framestore CFC as a Junior Animator in 1996. After earning the position as Head of 3D Commercials some years later, he worked on award-winning projects such as Levis, Walking With Dinosaurs and two James Bond title sequences
You can still view all the winners here Talenthouse website.
You can see a taster of the videos summited to the festival – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL2sxHlDtBk
You can view the festival highlights promo here – http://ibizamusicvideofestival.com/imvf-promo-video/